Friday, October 7, 2011

New Chapter in Life

The time has been running up too fast for me for the past year. My last semester in university gone like in a blink of an eye. Suddenly I had been parted with my friends.. suddenly and miraculously, I have finished my dissertation and now I am officially graduated with Second Class degree First Division... Something that I thought not gonna be that easy for me to get....

I have tried though, to make the fullest of my last semester in university. I wrote down a list of what I want to do, unfortunately I wasn't able to cross all of them. But I had fun creating it, as well as trying to cross the list one by one. Of course, there is a little regret that there are things that I still want to do before I'm graduated... but I guess it is okay and I had the most fun that I could get already. :)

At the beginning of the year... my future seems so much clouded, I don't know where I would be in the coming few months. There was so much worries, so many uncertainties...

Thankfully though, I got a job offer in Zurich just in the time that I need it. Just when I finished my dissertation then I boarded the train off to the biggest city in the country, leaving my little hometown in Switzerland, hoping for a new experience and I welcomed the stability and the little sight of my future, at least for the coming six months.

The job turns out to be great, I love the people, I love the restaurant, I love the new friendships that came along, and I even fell in love... and the least expected moments in my life, this person came and took my world to him. With him, everything just seems to be right, even though it feels like a roller coaster ride in the same time. The speed is a little bit scarifying but exciting in the same time. In just a little time, it feels that I knew him for a life time. Everyday is nice and precious to just let go.. especially knowing that we don't have much time to be together.

My next job had came to light, and everything is settled. I got my visa and I was going to the United States. This.. is going to be my home for the next one year.

I never like saying good byes... I hate it when I have to go and things could never come back to the way they used to be. The people.. the places.. even if I returned.. I know somehow it's not gonna be the same. I can only remember them as memories. I wasn't happy to leave the country that I called home for four years even though this is not my home country.
I wasn't happy to leave the friendships that had developed with the people here.
Especially, I wasn't happy to leave my schatzly.

But things in life... sometimes you have to let them go and embrace the new chapter of your life.

So... here I am, in United States, going to start my new job on Monday, still adapting to the new environments... and of course, missing this one person in another continent and hoping that the new job will allow me to still keep in contact with him everyday.

No comments: