Thursday, January 31, 2013

Panicked

That one holiday that I got my heart raced..
The day that I was so afraid..

There's this little dog that live with me now. He is a very cute dog, and I have grew fond of him. He's quite lively and loves to play and run, and he loves to play and run outside the house everytime the front door is open.

And in that day, the door was open, he ran out, he was running fast as if he was flying.. and I watched him ran. He was running out of my side, behind the truck that's parked in front of the house. Then I saw this car coming.. I already got a very bad feeling.. I just wished that the car won't run over him.. please it won't happen.

I saw the car gaining speed, as I just thought it would be okay. The dog would be smart enough not to cross the road at this point, I heard a bump and I heard the dog whined...

My heart sank....
I knew what happened, I ran to the street, and I saw him laying there, struggling to get up but can't.. I panicked, I though I could even hear the sound its bones rubbing as it tried to stand up. I can't stand the view and I ran back, calling for help.

By the time the driver was in the front porch, apologizing, I realized that I was a little bit shaking.  The dog seems to survive, the maid was carrying him, holding him.

We called the vet, but he would only be able to come after 3 hours and there was no hospital open that day. I was so scared..
Scared that the dog would have internal injuries
Scared that it won't be able to survive.

The dog can barely can stand up.. he was shaking
I could hear his damp breath, troubled and short

At one point, he was trying to poo, he got into position and fell down.
My heart is crying, I don't even know if I was crying literally or not.

He can't stop shaking, and I was trying to put him to sleep, to ease his pain and trauma, but all he did was whining in each of his breath..
I was preparing myself.. that I might not see him survive the night.
I was so sad.

The doctor came when he said he would, we showed him the dog, and he examined it. He said he was lucky, and he said he would survive.
I was so glad, there's no apparent broken bones.

It take some time before he would start touching his food, and start wiggling his tail again.
But every progress that he made to recovery.. it made me happy.
Today, he seems quite normal, almost like when the accident haven't happen.
I'm happy.

No comments: