Friday, June 4, 2010

Les Miserables

I'm in love......

I am deeply in love with 'Les Miserables'. I first knew about this opera when I was still a French language student in Jakarta. They were having this opera in Jakarta. I got the chance to see it. But as it was not familiar with me, and no one that could really accompany me to go there, I let the chance pass. I didn't even bother with it that much, which I regretted now.

Then... I heard this song.. 'I dream a dream' sang by Susan Boyle, the song was so sweet that I really love it straight away. Then again, I heard it in Glee, it still charms me. And so, just by curiosity I search it in YouTube, to see the original singer. I was surprised that it's actually a song from a play, Les Miserables, a play that I got the chance to see!!!!!

The video that I saw was a concert rather than a play actually, but the singers was so awesome, they are full with the characters. You can really feel their emotions inside the song, it's so beautiful. I end up watching the whole series of the concert..., and I fell in love.

The story itself is actually quite devastating, as the title itself, "Les Miserables", though it's originally in French, the language I mean, but in this concert, they sung it in English. I was truly satisfied though, since I understand English much more than my limited French, and so I can understand all the 'dialogs', which is one of the most interesting part. But something for sure, the songs... it's so incredible, beautiful, sweet, but very realistic. It really shows how the world could be such a dreadful place for some people, how luck could goes for such scoundrels, but how some people could still live their life with such hope and love...

Here is some of my favorite songs :)









No comments: