Friday, July 19, 2013

The end of Darren Shan

Ok, this is one of my teenager era hype...
I love this series so much, it's one of the literature that feeds to my early vampire imaginations.... Darren Shan and Anne Rice.......

The former is more child like and innocent and the later more to the adult and horror.. but I love both.. :)

I never had the chance to finish Darren Shan's Cirque du Freak series before, partly because it wasn't that famous (at least.. in where I am) that the books are quite rare. Really... I had to buy several of the collections of the series from abroad.

And recently I got my hands on the rest of the series... :) I'm in glee... though now I'm no longer in my teenage years and I noticed some of the 'too obvious signs that shouldn't be missed by the protagonist!!', I still enjoy it. And finally.. I've read the ending.

I was so curious about the ending... usually I could guessed some parts of the books and their endings, half of the time I could hit the bulls eyes with almost everything. It would be satisfactory, yes, but I would feel a bit boring... there suppose to be something that I can't guessed to make it interesting. Sometimes, I could get some parts of it and some are surprises, and only very several books that I can't predict at all, and that's very rare.

Darren Shan... is the mix of the middle and the later. I could guesses some of the components yes... but... I just don't know what's the ending going to be... and that's feeling gnawing at me... haunting me until I could finished it... releasing me from the torment of curiosity. Though yes.. some of the aspects are quite too obvious.

But the ending...........
How should I put this.... I dislike the ending, since I like the character of Darren Shan and I despise the idea that he would perish even though there's a happy ringing in his death, he would actually still be alive. But in the same time.... I salute the author for giving me an ending that I couldn't have guessed before and not at all part of my possible alternate endings. A surprise.

And think about it again... it could be one of the best ending it could have. Though some part of me wished that I could see him in a normal ending scene of defeating the lord of the Vampaneze, breaking the destruction destiny and yet still seize the power and throne that he could have. His love story with Debbie, his nephew, the vampire clan....
The thing that I'm longing to know is ... how the rest are doing now!! Though it's hinted that now there are other future possibilities and a good one.. I still long for more details.

But oh well..... I guess it should be enough to fill the blanks with my imagination now.


Then I think about the writing style.. He made it really as if.. the story had been true. That the author, a normal boy is real. Very interesting and creative I would say. Though I believed that of course it's just his imagination and he's clever enough to make the story 'believable'.

Then I remembered the recent news about cloning.. bringing the extinct animals back to live in the real world... and about Darren's friend collaborating with Mr. Tiny!!!!!!
so....... This saga is not really real right????
Or... perhaps... there are really Vampires and Vampaneze out there?
..
..
..
Well the scientist are not cloning the dragons as far as I know of course,.. but they are trying to resurrect the Mammoth (at least that's the latest news I got). But.. if by chance in the future... they make dragons too......
I think I would really REALLY believe that Darren Shan saga is real!!!!!

No comments: